RN's are responsible for all
professional nursing duties as required. Enforces policy regarding storage and
inventory of sample medications, use of sharps containers, and medical waste
management. Provides group and individual treatment. Develops treatment plans
based on comprehensive assessments and formulates a diagnostic impression.
Adheres to basic standards of nursing in conjunction with all NYS licensing
standards. Float RN's will travel to our various locations to provide services.
- Administers and documents
injection of psychotropic medications in case record.
- Assures accuracy and
completeness of all case notes.
- Conducts health screens
annually for all program recipients.
- Assists and recommends medical
follow-up for individuals requiring routine or specialist medical visits.
- Monitors vital signs, i.e.
blood pressure, glucose, pulse, weight, etc.
- Develops assessments, treatment
plans, and diagnostic reviews on determined schedule.
- Provides individual, group, and
family interventions to assist individuals in attaining goals.
- Assists in linkage to other
- Through releases of
information, communicates with community resources such as personal care
physicians, insurance companies, and others involved in client care.
- May supervise student interns.
- Works closely with staff consulting
psychiatrists in evaluating clients for medication.
- Maintains inventory of on-site
store medications in compliance with NYS OMH regulations.
- Properly disposes of medical
waste in compliance with NYS OMH standards.
- Schedule and assigned duties
are subject to change based on the needs of the program and the clients we
- Experience in mental health or
substance use disorder treatment setting preferred.
- Knowledge of Motivational
Interviewing techniques preferred.
- Venipuncture skills preferred.
- Team work skills.
- Verbal and written
- Associates degree from an
accredited school for professional nursing and four (4) years of paid work
experience as a professional nurse and at least three (3) of which have
been in a mental health setting
- Bachelors degree in
professional nursing AND at least one (1) year of paid
work experience in a mental health setting AND current
NYS licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- A valid NYS drivers' license.
- Automobile in good working
- Must have Accredited NYS Defensive
driving course; or obtain within 15 days of hire.
- Must maintain Active NYS
Defensive Driving class every 3 years, upon expiration.
- If driving one's own vehicle,
must maintain valid inspection and automobile insurance.
- Must provide proof of
insurance upon hire and when requested.