Job Title: Counselor II
Reports To: Program Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
Notice: 4 Weeks
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Counselor II is able to work with clients who have mental health, substance use, or co-occurring concerns. The Counselor II will provide individual and group therapy to individuals and support services for their families, as well as crisis counseling. Additionally, the Counselor II will complete comprehensive assessments, diagnose, treatment plan, discharge, and link clients as appropriate.
- Provides initial and ongoing assessments of clients, including client history, evaluation of problems, and formulation of diagnosis.
- Develops initial and ongoing treatment plans which describe the goals of treatment and the methods to be used.
- Provides integrated individual, family and group counseling and psychotherapy to assist clients in achieving the goals of treatment.
- Assists clients with linkages to appropriate community resources to enhance treatment and recovery.
- With appropriate releases of information, communicates with others in client service systems to coordinate care. Such contract may include, but not limited to, primary care physicians, insurance companies and other service providers involved in the care of clients.
- Schedule and assigned duties are subject to change based on the needs of the program and the clients we serve.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must have knowledge of a variety of intervention techniques, including motivational enhancement; common mental disabilities, chemical dependency interventions and resources.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skill
- Must possess computer skills adequate to maintain the electronic record.
- Must appreciate cultural diversity and be aware of cross cultural counseling issues.
Service provision to clients who have a co-occurring disorder will be based on licensure and scope of practice.
- Possesses a Master's degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, Psychology, Rehabilitation Counseling plus one-year of professional work experience in a clinical mental health setting.
- Professional certification; LMSW, MHC-P, CASAC, LMFT, etc...
- Sign on bonuses for all
- Multiple health insurance
- Employee referral bonus
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Clinical license renewal
- Generous paid time