Job Title: Case Manager of RASI
Reports To: Program Director
Notice Period: 2 weeks
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Case Manager works with other community agencies through discharge planning and referrals to community-based services upon discharge. This individual may also provide case management services. The Case Manager performs all counseling duties including resident advocacy and aftercare follow up. Must be able to support a trauma informed care environment.
- Assist with assessing adolescents and their families for treatment.
- Establish linkages for additional therapeutic needs.
- Participate in case conferences, staff meetings and in-service trainings.
- Assist with discharge planning of all residents.
- Provide ongoing support for residents and families after discharge.
- Provide regularly scheduled contacts with discharged residents and collect data on recovery activities.
- Maintain required statistical records on computer.
- Provide outreach services to residents and families as needed.
- Facilitates community meetings, provides life and social skills training, assist with linkages to Health Homes, and provides training in community living skills, personal hygiene and personal care skills as needed by each resident.
- Presents educational lectures to residents and families as assigned.
- May assume a resident caseload if program needs arise.
- Makes the necessary referrals for those patients determined inappropriate for treatment.
- Maintains all referral statistics and presents them monthly.
- Actively participates in helping with facility maintenance and meal preparation.
- Assists with resident transportation as assigned.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Qualified Health Professional CASAC, CASAC-T.
- Bachelor's degree in a human service field PLUS 2 years full-time paid direct care experience in a chemical dependency program, including experience-providing services to adolescents.
- Valid NYS Driver's License.
- Must have accredited NYS Defensive Driving course; or obtain within 15 days of hire.
- Must maintain active NYS Defensive Driving course every 3 years, upon expiration.