Job Title: Resident Support Specialist Job Grade 2
Location: Harambee House/ Safe Haven Residence: 108 SycamoreSt, Buffalo NY 14204
Summary of Duties:
Assists in maintaining a stable and therapeutic environment in the residence. Assists residents in learning community integration, provides exposure to supportive services and encourages participation in social, educational, vocational, psychiatric, and rehabilitative activities. Assists in household management tasks such as preparation of meals or housekeeping tasks. Oversees clients engaged in household tasks. Provides transportation for and supervision of clients who leave the facility. If assigned to night duty, the RSS is responsible for supervision of the facility, security camera monitoring and enforcement of program rules under direction of the on-call management team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Facilitate peer mentoring, support and encouragement
· Coordination of social and recreational activities
· Oversee clients with kitchen and laundry room use
· Assist with household chores when needed
· Assist with meal preparation, if needed
· Supervision of facility and security cameras at night
· Available to work holidays and weekends
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Associates degree human service field and one year in a human service agency
High school diploma or equivalency and two years full time paid experience in a human service agency or health care facility.