SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
| || || || || || || || |
Responsible for all professional nursing duties as required. Enforces policy regarding storage and inventory of sample medications, use of sharps containers, and medical waste management. Provides group and individual treatment. Develops treatment plans based on comprehensive assessments, and formulates a diagnostic impression. Adheres to basic standards of nursing in conjunction with all NYS licensing standards.
| || || |
| || || || |
- Administers and documents injection of psychotropic medications in case record.
- Assures accuracy and completeness of all case notes.
- Conducts health screens annually for all program recipients.
- Assists and recommends medical follow-up for individuals requiring routine or specialist medical visits.
- Monitors vital signs, i.e. blood pressure, glucose, pulse, weight, etc.
- Develops assessments, treatment plans, and diagnostic reviews on determined schedule.
- Provides individual, group, and family interventions to assist individuals in attaining goals.
- Assists in linkage to other community resources.
- Through releases of information, communicates with community resources such as personal care physicians, insurance companies, and others involved in client care.
- May supervise student interns.
- Works closely with staff consulting psychiatrists in evaluating clients for medication.
- Maintains inventory of on-site store medications in compliance with NYS OMH regulations.
- Properly disposes of medical waste in compliance with NYS OMH standards.
- Schedule and assigned duties are subject to change based on the needs of the program and the clients we serve.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Experience in mental health or substance use disorder treatment setting preferred.
- Knowledge of Motivational Interviewing techniques preferred.
- Venipuncture skills preferred.
- Team work skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Associates degree from an accredited school for professional nursing and four (4) years of paid work experience as a professional nurse and at least three (3) of which have been in a mental health setting
- Bachelors degree in professional nursing AND at least one (1) year of paid work experience in a mental health setting AND current NYS licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- A valid NYS drivers' license.
- Automobile in good working order.
- Must have Accredited NYS Defensive driving course; or obtain within 15 days of hire.
- Must maintain Active NYS Defensive Driving class every 3 years, upon expiration.
- If driving one's own vehicle, must maintain valid inspection and automobile insurance.
- Must provide proof of insurance upon hire and when requested.