Job Title: Counselor I - Per Diem
Location: Child Advocacy Center Reports to: Assistant Program Director, CAC
Provides assessment, treatment planning, crisis and on-going therapeutic treatment interventions for the clients who have experienced trauma. Clients served are child abuse survivors and their non-offending caregivers. Candidate should have knowledge of trauma evidence-based treatment, such as Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy, EMDR and/or Seeking Safety. **This is a per diem position for evenings only. Position will begin in May 2021.
- Completes comprehensive psycho-social assessments and administer assessment tools
- Provides initial and ongoing assessments of clients, including client history, evaluation of problems, and formulation of diagnosis.
- Develops initial and on-going treatment plans which describe the goals of treatment and the methods to be used.
- Conducts risk assessment and formulates Safety Plans
- Provides appropriate treatment response to clients and their families, including implementation of evidence-based treatment models.
- Provides individual, family and group counseling and psychotherapy to assist clients in achieving the goals of treatment.
- Provides appropriate case management, including work with ECDSS, schools, probation, PCP and other agencies
- Provides crisis assessments by referral of members of the CAC Multi-Disciplinary Team.
- Assists clients with linkages to appropriate community resources to enhance treatment and recovery.
- Communicates with others in client services system to coordinate care. Such contacts may include, but not be limited to, primary care physicians, members of the multi-disciplinary team, insurance companies and service providers involved in the care of clients.