Starting salary is based on credentials, experience,
and a 35 hour work week.
Sign-on Bonus based on licensure.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Counselor I is able to work with clients who have mental health, substance use, or co-occurring concerns. The Counselor I will provide individual and group therapy to individuals and support services for their families, as well as crisis counseling. Additionally, the Counselor I will complete comprehensive assessments, diagnose, treatment plan, discharge, and link clients as appropriate.
- Sign-on Bonuses
- Affordable Health Care Options
- Dental and Vison Insurance
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Clinical License Renewal Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off
401K Profit Sharing
- Provides initial and ongoing assessments of clients, including client history, evaluation of problems, and formulation of diagnosis.
- Develops initial and ongoing treatment plans which describe the goals of treatment and the methods to be used.
- Provides integrated individual, family and group counseling and psychotherapy to assist clients in achieving the goals of treatment.
- Assists clients with linkages to appropriate community resources to enhance treatment and recovery.
- With appropriate releases of information, communicates with others in client service systems to coordinate care. Such contract may include, but not limited to, primary care physicians, insurance companies and other service providers involved in the care of clients.
- Schedule and assigned duties are subject to change based on the needs of the program and the clients we serve.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must have knowledge of a variety of intervention techniques, including motivational enhancement; common mental disabilities, chemical dependency interventions and resources.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skill
- Must possess computer skills adequate to maintain the electronic record.
- Must appreciate cultural diversity and be aware of cross cultural counseling issues.
- Must be comfortable with working in the community.
- Service provision to clients who have a co-occurring disorder will be based on licensure and scope of practice.
- Bachelors in related human services discipline
- CASAC-T or CASAC minimum, or other QHP Licensure (LMHC, LMSW, etc...)
- A valid NYS drivers' license.