Job Title: Youth Development Specialist I
Reports To: Site Facilitator
FSLA Status: Non- Exempt
· Plan, implement and assist in high-quality recreational activities for participants for an average of 10-15 hours a week during the program year
· Develop and deliver lesson plans for enrichment blocks
· Provide a fun, safe, comfortable atmosphere which fosters respect, responsibility, caring, honesty and the opportunity to make positive choices
· Assist with daily program tasks and responsibilities, help plan, organize and participate in enrichment activities
· Request appropriate supplies, equipment and general needs for activities and events from the Site Coordinator
· Work collaboratively with Site Coordinator and School Day staff to address the needs of students and their families.
· Meet all administrative requirements to ensure compliance with state regulations and evaluation requirements.
· Schedule and assigned duties are subject to change based on the needs of the program and the clients we serve
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Technology, calligraphy, sign language, musical instrument(s), drawing, painting, singing, acting, creative writing, sewing, gardening, budgeting, repurposing, coding, website making, life skills, origami, storytelling, public speaking, performing arts, CPR or first aid, self-defense, athletics, knot-tying, astronomy and constellations, mapping, dance, goal-setting, organizational skills, etc.
· Enrichment leaders must have knowledge of academic goals and program objectives.
· Must be goal directed & organized
· Ability to work independently in addition to working with others.
· Must demonstrate the ability to work effectively with students, academic and administrative staff and community agencies.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES UNIQUE TO THIS POSITION:
· Must be available to work between the hours of 2:00PM to 6:00PM dependent of location.
· Non-building staff members typically arrive 30-60 minutes before the after school program begins (Program hours vary by each school site)
· Must have teaching or instructional experience with children or youth.
· Pay is commensurate with education and licensing/certifications.
· Knowledge and relationships with community organizations and utilization of community resources is a plus