FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Targeted Case Manager performs activities within the Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic that are intended to support the wellness and recovery goals of individuals with complex and/or chronic behavioral health issues and needs by implementing targeted interventions designed to provide timely, high-quality, and efficient care. CCBHC Targeted Case Management services are organized around goals aimed at providing access to services that encourage individuals to resolve problems that interfere with their attainment or maintenance of independence or self sufficiency, and maintain themselves in the community. Individuals served will be within targeted populations who are not linked to Health Home services.
Service Referral, Linkage, and Related Activities which may include:
· Referral to community and social support services
· Providing support for improved community service linkages
· Transitional care, including appropriate follow-up from inpatient to other settings
· Support in navigating complex health care and social services systems
· Individual and family support
· Advocacy for needed services
· If the recipient is eligible, working to secure Medicaid benefits with the goal of subsequent Health Home enrollment
· Performing on-site crisis intervention and skills teaching when other services are not available
· Monitoring and Follow-up may include contact with the service recipient, the recipient's family and/or collaterals, service providers, and/or other entities or individuals.
· Schedule and assigned duties are subject to change based on the needs of the program and the clients we serve.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Requires understanding of mental health and substance use disorder diagnosis and symptomatology
· Working familiarity with community resources, including entitlement programs, medical, financial and legal services, housing and emergency food programs, and the range of mental health treatment and rehabilitation services available.
· Must be able to effectively broker services and develop resources.
· Must be able to perform duties in an independent and efficient manner.
· Must possess knowledge of and ability to provide crisis intervention strategies effectively
· A bachelor's degree in one of the following listed fields: degree featuring a major or concentration in social work, psychology, nursing, rehabilitation, education, occupational therapy, counseling, or community mental health; AND one year experience in providing direct services to mental health and/or substance use disorder consumers
· A master's degree in one of the above listed fields may be substituted for one year of experience
· A valid NYS drivers' license
· Automobile in good working order
· Must have Accredited NYS Defensive driving course; or obtain within 15 days of hire.
· Must maintain Active NYS Defensive Driving class every 3 years, upon expiration.
· If driving one's own vehicle, must maintain valid inspection and automobile insurance.
· Must provide proof of insurance upon hire and when requested.
· Bilingual English/Spanish, Arabic, or other language strongly preferred.
Locations available at 430 Niagara St., Buffalo, 3176 Abbott Rd, Orchard Park, and 2101 Spruce St., North Collins