Located in Buffalo, NY 35 Hours Full Time, Salary
FLSA Status: Exempt
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
In this role, the Senior QI Project Manager leads and manages a variety of quality improvement and population health initiatives. The Senior QI Project Manager assists with ensuring compliance with Value Based Payment measures and programs and facilitates quality and process improvement initiatives through collaboration and project management across inter-disciplinary teams and departments. The Senior QI Project Manager strives to improve operations as they related to client safety and quality systems and provides leadership and supervision within the Quality Improvement department
· Independently leads, manages, and executes quality and process improvement initiatives through all project phases; able to effectively lead and manage multiple concurrent projects and proactively identifies and mitigates barriers to success.
· Assists in the development and management of effective clinical data governance and data reporting activities.
· Assists with and manages a variety of cross functional process improvement initiatives.
· Coordinates Council on Accreditation quality assurance projects.
· Interacts, communicates, and maintains a professional image with leadership, management, staff, physicians, and external stakeholders
· Uses project management skills to develop project plans and timelines; effectively tracks deliverables and delegates tasks; coordinates project summary presentations; and maintains oversight of all project-related tasks necessary for project success.
· Supports compliance with Value Based Payment and other quality measure programs through vigilant data review, monitoring, analysis, and improvement activities.
· Extracts and analyzes data from a variety of systems and develops reports in collaboration with the BestSelf Business Intelligence team.
· Leverages data and information from a variety of sources to ensure compliance and improve performance with Value Based Payment metrics.
· Leverages various Microsoft tools (SharePoint, Power Apps, Power Automate, etc.) for data tracking, collection, reporting, and analysis.
· Tracks, trends, and summarizes quality improvement and project initiatives.
· Contributes to and/or leads quality improvement committee work.
· Assists with the development of departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
· Supervises other Quality Improvement project staff.
· Performs all other duties as assigned
· Bachelor's degree in related field (e.g., public health, quality improvement science, health informatics) or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
· Relevant experience in healthcare, quality improvement, public health, population health or similar.
· Certification in Project Management and/or 5 years' experience preferred.
· Lean or Six Sigma Certification preferred.
· Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
· Demonstrated success with performance/quality/process improvement initiatives.
· Excellent computer, Microsoft Office, and data/project presentation skills.
· This position is responsible for the oversight of QI Project Assistants and Specialists. Supervisory responsibilities of these direct reports include consistent coaching, feedback, & development, review & approval of timecards, and completing performance reviews & development plans.