Job Title: Sr. Human Resource Generalist (Employee Relations)
Reports to: VP of Human Resources or HR Director FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary of Duties:
Provide personnel policy and procedure guidance to employees and management. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of federal and state employment law as well as compliance requirements. The Sr. HR Generalist plays a key role in running the daily functions of the HR Department. They use Human Resources Information Systems to ensure all employee records are up-to-date and confidential. Will act as the main point of contact for employees queries on HR-related topics.
· Promote HR Programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace.
· Assist in development and implementation of Human Resource policies.
· Develop and monitor HR data metrics to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
· Ensure compliance with federal, state, and Agency regulations.
· Create and distribute internal communications regarding Agency policies.
· Maintain employee personnel records
· Develop and maintain processes to monitor information required for audits; maintains records, reports, and logs to conform to statutory regulations.
· Contributes to HR workforce training efforts via participation in orientations and/or HR specific training courses.
· Represent Agency by participating in various Agency committees.
· Actively participates in HR Department staff meetings and other Agency meetings as assigned.
· Perform all other relevant duties as assigned by management.
· Respond to employee/management questions on employee relations counseling and disciplinary actions.
· Investigate complaints/grievances brought about by employees following Agency guidelines.
· Assists in development and implementation of personnel policies and maintains the HR Policy Manual.
· Assist with implementation of employee engagement initiatives.
· Drive activities to maintain and enhance our racially inclusive environment.
· Prepares paper work needed for terminations.
· Conduct exit interviews Complete reporting and analytics
· Administration and coordination of Agency unemployment insurance program
· Implement and update Agency performance management system.
· Serve as member of Sr. HR leadership and assist VP and HR Director as requested by management.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
· Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Advanced knowledge of Human Resource Information System(s).
· Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with multidisciplinary teams.
· Comfortable interacting, coaching, and making recommendations to all levels of leadership.
· Ability to coach mentor and supervise HR Specialists.
· Understanding of personnel and compliance records management.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Ability to work closely with all levels of management.
· Driven to meet deadlines and multi-task over a variety of simultaneous assignments.
· Bachelor's degree in Human Resource, Business Administration, or a related field combined with five to seven years of HR experience, or seven to ten years' relevant work experience with a high school or Associates degree
· A minimum of five years of Employee Relations experience preferred.
· Masters in a Human Resource related field preferred.
· Experience with HRMS/HRIS Systems.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
· PHR or SPHR certification a plus.
· Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organizational development, employee relations, training and preventive labor relations all a plus.