Department: Mobile Mental Health
FLSA Status: Exempt
We believe in the importance of a healthy work-life
We want BestSelf to be a place where you love to come to
work and where you look forward to growing professionally and personally.
We offer a variety of Benefits:
· Sign-On Bonus
· Health Insurance Options
· Employee Referral Bonus
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Generous paid time off
Remember to always be your BEST SELF!
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Intake Counselor is able to work with clients who have mental health, substance use, or co-occurring concerns. The Intake Counselor will provide individual therapy to individuals and support services, as well as crisis counseling. Additionally, the Intake Counselor will complete comprehensive assessments, diagnose, treatment plan, discharge, and link clients as appropriate.
- Responsible for the management of client charts.
- Develops initial and ongoing service plans.
- Participates in program meetings.
- Provides direct clinical intervention both off-site and within a consumer's natural environment.
- Network and build relationships with the community at large.
- Develop therapeutic alliances with community stakeholders including treatment providers, hospitals, police officers, court systems, Department of Social Services, etc.
- Recognize and manage client crises.
- Demonstrates creativity in service delivery and planning.
- Acts as a resource for treatment information for other members of the team.
- Provides initial and ongoing assessments of clients, including client history, evaluation of problems, and formulation of diagnosis.
- Develops initial and ongoing treatment plans which describe the goals of treatment and the methods to be used.
- Provides integrated individual counseling and psychotherapy to assist clients in achieving the goals of treatment.
- Assists clients with linkages to appropriate community resources to enhance treatment and recovery.
- With appropriate releases of information, communicates with others in client service systems to coordinate care. Such contract may include, but not limited to, primary care physicians, insurance companies and other service providers involved in the care of clients.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelors in related human services discipline (service provision to certain clients will be based on licensure and scope of practice)
- Experienced in working with individuals with substance use disorders.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of intervention techniques, including motivational interviewing skills and trauma informed treatment approach.
- Must have an understanding of mental health disorders, interventions and community resources.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skill.
- Must possess computer skills adequate to maintain the electronic record.
- Valid NYS Driver's License.
- Must have accredited NYS Defensive Driving course; or obtain within 15 days of hire.
- Must maintain active NYS Defensive Driving course every 3 years, upon expiration.
- Must send updated copies of vehicle inspection, registration, and insurance cards to Human Resources upon expiration.