Job Title: Floating Counselor II - DPCC
Reports To: Program Director
FLSA Status: Exempt
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Floating Counselor
II is able to work with clients who have mental health, substance use, or
co-occurring concerns. The Counselor II will provide individual and group
therapy to individuals and support services for their families, as well as
crisis counseling. Additionally, the Counselor II will complete comprehensive
assessments, diagnose, treatment plan, discharge, and link clients as
- Covers caseloads of counselors who are out of the office
- Provides clinical support at various locations based on
- Provides initial and ongoing assessments of clients,
including client history, evaluation of problems, and formulation of
- Develops initial and ongoing treatment plans which describe
the goals of treatment and the methods to be used.
- Provides integrated individual, family and group
counseling and psychotherapy to assist clients in achieving the goals of
- Assists clients with linkages to appropriate community
resources to enhance treatment and recovery.
- With appropriate releases of information, communicates
with others in client service systems to coordinate care. Such contract
may include, but not limited to, primary care physicians, insurance
companies and other service providers involved in the care of clients.
- Schedule and assigned duties are subject to change
based on the needs of the program and the clients we serve.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND
- Must have knowledge of a variety of intervention
techniques, including motivational enhancement; common mental
disabilities, chemical dependency interventions and resources.
- Must possess good oral and written communication
- Must possess computer skills adequate to maintain the
- Must appreciate cultural diversity and be aware of
cross cultural counseling issues.
Service provision to
clients who have a co-occurring disorder will be based on licensure and scope
- Possesses a Master's degree in Social Work, Mental
Health Counseling, Psychology, Rehabilitation Counseling plus one-year of
professional work experience in a clinical mental health setting.
- Professional certification; LMSW, MHC-P, CASAC, LMFT