SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Counselor is
able to work with clients who have mental health, substance use, or
co-occurring concerns. The Counselor will provide individual and group
therapy to individuals and support services for their families, as well as
crisis counseling. Additionally, the Counselor II will complete comprehensive
assessments, diagnose, treatment plan, discharge, and link clients as
- Provides initial and ongoing assessments of clients,
including client history, evaluation of problems, and formulation of
- Develops initial and ongoing treatment plans which
describe the goals of treatment and the methods to be used.
- Provides integrated individual, family and group
counseling and psychotherapy to assist clients in achieving the goals of
- Assists clients with linkages to appropriate
community resources to enhance treatment and recovery.
- With appropriate releases of information,
communicates with others in client service systems to coordinate care.
Such contract may include, but not limited to, primary care physicians,
insurance companies and other service providers involved in the care of
- Schedule and assigned duties are subject to change
based on the needs of the program and the clients we serve.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND
- Must have knowledge of a variety of intervention
techniques, including motivational enhancement; common mental
disabilities, chemical dependency interventions and resources.
- Must possess good oral and written communication
- Must possess computer skills adequate to maintain the
- Must appreciate cultural diversity and be aware of
cross cultural counseling issues.
Service provision to
clients who have a co-occurring disorder will be based on licensure and scope
- Bachelors in related human services discipline
- Experience preferred, but not required.
- Possesses a Master's degree in Social Work, Mental
Health Counseling, Psychology, Rehabilitation Counseling plus one-year
of professional work experience in a clinical mental health setting.
- Professional certification; LMSW, MHC-P, CASAC, LMFT