SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
| || || || || || || || |
The OnTrackNY Program is a Coordinated Specialty Care (CSC) treatment program at BestSelf Behavioral Health serving adolescents and young adults. Our mission with the OnTrackNY Program is to empower young people to make meaning of their mental health experiences and to pursue their goals for school, work and personal relationships.
The OnTrackNY Counselor works at a maximum level of independence and responsibility, often sharing responsibility for many agency operations with the Program Director. The majority of time is spent providing direct services in the community. The OnTrackNY Counselor develops initial and ongoing treatment plans and offers individual, family and group counseling and psychotherapy to assist consumers in achieving the goals of treatment.
| || || |
| || || || |
- Responsible for the management of client charts.
- Conducts comprehensive behavioral health assessments.
- Provides intensive integrated treatment interventions to consumers according to the OnTrackNY philosophy of in-the-field treatment.
- Develops initial and ongoing treatment plans.
- Provides program consultation and education to community members.
- Able to communicate with others in client services system to coordinate care.
- Case Management duties.
- Documents consumer progress as per established guidelines.
- Initiates and facilitates groups where appropriate.
- Routinely conducts lethality and mental status assessments.
- Performs toxicology screenings at a determined frequency.
- Utilizes a harm reduction model in treatment.
- Consults with the Program Director and psychiatrist regarding response to treatment interventions.
- Interfaces with the criminal justice system and mental health court as a consumer advocate.
- Participates in 24-hour, on-call rotation.
- Schedule and assigned duties are subject to change based on the needs of the program and the clients we serve.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Able to set flexible therapeutic boundaries and parameters.
- Has working knowledge of community resources.
- Able to meet the client "where he or she is at," in the recovery continuum.
- Able to recognize and manage client crises.
- Demonstrates creativity in service delivery and planning.
| || || || || || || || |
- Possesses a Master's degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, Psychology, Rehabilitation Counseling
- Professional (QHP) certification meeting NYS Office of Mental Health definition for professional staff
- One-year of professional work experience in a clinical mental health setting.
- Bilingual ability a plus.
- A valid NYS drivers' license.
- Automobile in good working order.
- Must have Accredited NYS Defensive driving course; or obtain within 15 days of hire.
- Must maintain Active NYS Defensive Driving class every 3 years, upon expiration.
- If driving one's own vehicle, must maintain valid inspection and automobile insurance.
- Must provide proof of insurance upon hire and when requested.