SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Coder for the Revenue Cycle helps with all functions of the organization's revenue cycle coding to maximize cash flow. In conjunction with agency staff, the revenue cycle coder will contribute to the day-to-day operations on all issues related to the revenue cycle coding function.
· Day to day E&M coding
· Monitoring coding on unresolved services
· Auditing of provider documentation
· Able to perform clinical and/or technical requirements as described herein.
· Able to perform the work consistent with behavioral competencies as described herein
· Capable of regular and predictable attendance.
· Able to meet the physical requirements of the position including frequent travel to all of the organization's sites
· Complies with organization's corporate Code of Conduct and compliance standards.
· Complies with the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations to ensure patient privacy at all times
· Assists in the enhancement and standardization of the work-flow processes throughout the revenue cycle from point of entry to accurate adjudication of the patients' accounts.
· Helps implement policies procedures and ensures consistent company-wide implementation.
· Assists in development of performance measures and standards for the team to measure success
· Other duties as requested
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· An effective communicator at all levels of the organization, with strong oral, written, and persuasive skills
· Able to convey information in a professional manner
· Proficient in Windows applications; medical terminology; proficient in typing; ability to read and comprehend material in order to perform job duties
· CPC required
· 2-5 years E&M coding experience
· Strong Communication skills
· Strong judgment and decision-making skills
· Strong auditing skills