FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Starting at: $20 per hour
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The main responsibility of the Accounting Associate is to aid in the processing of bi-weekly payroll for a large, growing, complex agency. In doing so, the Accounting Associate will accumulate and enter manual payroll adjustments and activity. The position will be responsible for responding to staff inquiries regarding payroll, creating payroll related reports, responding to external inquiries for payroll information, tracking and remittance of benefit plan contributions, and various other payroll related duties. The Accounting Associate will also provide other departmental (Accounting/Finance) support and data entry support as needed.
· Process bi-weekly payroll using e3 by ContinuumCloud.
· Research and respond to payroll inquiries from Agency employees.
· Responsible for creating various payroll and accounting reports for external sources.
· Assist with the preparation of monthly reconciliations of payroll related ledger accounts as well as other ledger accounts as assigned.
· Provide support for audit requests and grant vouchering.
· Performs all other duties as assigned.
· At least three years of payroll and/or general accounting office experience required. Associates degree in Accounting preferred.
· Knowledge of payroll databases/systems necessary. e3/Datis experience preferred.
· Knowledge of benefit plan guidelines preferred.
· Solid understanding of accounting concepts.
· Effective communication skills.
· Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
· Ability to collaborate and partner with all levels of staff and management.
· Excellent time management and problem-solving skills.
· Proficient in computer software applications, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel).